How To Make Coconut Crusted Cod.
This coconut crusted cod makes a lovely fuss-free super dish and is very quick to make. One large cod fillet makes an impressive centrepiece but you can just as well use four separate fillets of about 180 g each.
For a change from cod, try other fishes like haddock, hake or any other meaty white fish.
One of my new habits is clean eating, I topped my cod with broccoli while my friend added sweet potatoes to hers, try this healthy coconut crusted cod and you will be happy you did.
INGREDIENTS FOR FOUR SERVINGS.
4 cod fillets (about 180 g each)
4 tbsp shredded coconut
4 tbsp almond flour
1 head of large broccoli (chopped into florets)
2 tsp sea salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop your broccoli head to florets and steam them.
- Once the broccoli is done, toss them in a bowl with butter, sea salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, add your shredded coconut, almond flour, sea salt and pepper to taste. Mix them well until everything is totally mixed.
- In a small bowl, break your eggs and beat them lightly, coat the cod fillets with the egg and gently place them in the coconut and almond flour.
- Cover the cod fillets with enough flour and place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into your preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Enjoy your meal topped with broccoli or add some sweet potato.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING.
Fat: 27 g
Carbs: 8 g
Net Carbs: 5 g
Protein: 51 g
Total Calories: 477 Calories.